Wednesday, December 31, 2008



A Little About Us....

My love of antiques began when I was a young girl. I was enamored with the quality of the workmanship of these objects, in the beautiful intriquite detailing and I would imagine the stories they could tell! I also began collecting New Jersey shore memorabilia and have aquired many items, from the late 1800's on, that portay beautiful images of our beaches and boardwalks, with the old Flapper girl style bathing beauties on antique posters, pamphlets, photographs, advertising & postcards. I have learned of the rich history of our New Jersey shores, (starting with Atlantic City in it's heyday where the first boardwalk was built in 1870!) and of what a beautiful and exciting time it was as people flocked here from all around the country to see our shores, walk the boards and thrill on the rides .... and still do!


It was only fitting that Shore Chic originally began as an Antiques & Gift shop. In 2003, we opened our beautiful, beachy little shop in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. Filled with shabby chic furniture and true antiques, architectural salvage and furniture made from reclaimed items, counters and cabinets made from old windows, shutters and doors, we set out to excite and enlighten people with our our facination of old things and the stories behind them. We found new uses for old items, giving them a new life. Mixed in were new gift items, many of which were made from recycled vintage items, such as wall frames made from old boatwood, tiffany lamps made with seashells, Handbags made from old chenille blankets and vintage fabrics, furniture and mirrors encrusted with seashells, weather vanes and of course, amusement park and shore related items. Our shop was honored to be featured in New Jersey Countryside magazine the first year we opened! We sadly closed our doors after 4 wonderful years but are now excited to embark on our new venture, Shore Chic Bridal.


With my love for the shore and through my years of experience in party planning and decorating, I have learned that the market for beach themed wedding items was expanding and yet the quality and choice of products available was limited. My goal is to have a beach themed bridal shop with a little of the Shore Chic antique shop mixed in and to create beautiful unique, handcrafted items that you will not find elsewhere. I love to seek out new items that are not necessarily sold as bridal items but that work well with a beach themed wedding. I will also try to incorporate a bit of the history, the beauty and the romance that is the Jersey Shore into all that we do.

I've started this blog to keep you all updated on whats New here at Shore Chic and to show you inexpensive ways to have the beach themed wedding of your dreams. This past year (almost!) has been such a pleasure, getting to work with so many wonderful "Brides to Be", sharing in your excitement and finding ways to bring your ideas to life. The response we have received so far has been overwhelming. I appreciate all of your compliments and look forward to providing you with a beautiful one stop Beach Wedding Shop!
I love what I do and look forward to the New Year ahead and all that it may bring.

Happy New Year! Maureen @ SHORE CHIC

1 comment:

  1. I like this whole blog thing........how do you have time to write this stuff. :)

    Cliffie

    ReplyDelete